Conference Dates: May 15 – 18, 2022
Call for Sessions/Symposia/Short Courses/Workshops/Field Trips is now closed. If you have any questions on adding additional activities please contact the appropriate committee chairs.
Abstract submission will be open from December 1, 2021 through February 15, 2022, with late abstracts accepted at a higher fee between February 16 and March 1st. Click here for all abstract submission information.
Oral presentations will be in 20 minute time slots (unless you have been advised differently). These should be prepared as PowerPoint presentations – we strongly recommend you provide them in .pps or .ppsx (PowerPoint Show) format, to ensure that symbols and graphics transfer appropriately. To make a .pps file, use ‘Save As’ and select the PowerPoint Show (pps or ppsx) mode. Note that you cannot edit a .pps file. Time slots are 20 minutes – presentations should be tailored to 15 minutes, allowing 5 minutes for questions and change over.
Posters will be centrally located in the main convention hall of the Halifax Convention Centre. Posters will be set up for the duration of the conference or for a portion of the time depending on number of submissions. Poster spaces and exhibit spaces are adjacent to each other.
The Virtual Presentation Space provides you with 250 MB of digital space to upload a poster, short video, figures, or text files for sharing that will be available before, during, and after the meeting. You will also have a video chat stream related to your presentation for live conversations (up to 8 participants at a time), and will be able to receive and respond to written comments at any time. There will be several scheduled times to virtually meet up with live visitors to discuss your research that will be facilitated through session organizers, and you will be able to schedule your own meet-ups by inviting visitors at any time.
- Any presentation mode chosen during abstract submission can be switched by editing your abstract submission form until March 1st, 2022. This does not affect your abstract fee. This does not automatically switch your registration type if you have already registered, you will have to do that in a separate transaction.
- Registration can be cancelled before March 31, 2022 for a full refund.
- Registration can be switched from in-person to virtual attendance before March 31st, 2022 with the difference refunded.
- Registration can be changed from virtual to in-person before March 31st, 2022 but the difference in registration fees will need to be paid at that time.
- After March 31st, 2022 no refunds can be provided.
- If unforeseen circumstances arise please contact us directly.
The program will be published in March 2022. If your organization requires meeting space and time in the schedule, please contact Lynn Dafoe, General Secretary.