Abstracts and Registration will be handled through Fourwaves at https://event.fourwaves.com/halifax2022/pages. All payments will be done through Stripe through Fourwaves to ensure security for all transactions.
By submitting an abstract or registering for the conference you agree to follow all Public Health directives in place at the time of the conference, and agree to follow the GAC Code of Conduct for all meeting activities. Please read the GAC Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics here.
We are accepting abstracts for three types of presentation:
In-person oral presentation of 20 minute talk in a technical session
In-person poster presentation during scheduled poster sessions
Virtual Presentation on our Fourwaves platform
The Virtual Presentation Space provides you with 250 MB of digital space to upload a poster, short video, figures, or text files for sharing that will be available before, during, and after the meeting. You will also have a video chat stream related to your presentation for live conversations (up to 8 participants at a time), and will be able to receive and respond to written comments at any time. There will be several scheduled times to virtually meet up with live visitors to discuss your research that will be facilitated through session organizers, and you will be able to schedule your own meet-ups by inviting visitors at any time.
Abstracts, talks, and posters can be submitted in French or English.
Abstract submission is available December 1, 2021 to March 1st, 2022.
There is a non-refundable fee of $40+HST (CAD) for each abstract submitted until February 15, 2022, or $60+HST (CAD) from February 16 to March 1st, 2022.
Abstracts should be submitted at https://event.fourwaves.com/halifax2022/submission. Click on the “Abstract Submissions” button at the top of the Fourwaves page to submit your abstract.
Conference Registration is available at https://event.fourwaves.com/halifax2022/registration from January 1, 2022. Early Bird Registration will be available before March 31, 2022 and prices will increase after that date.
Registration for field trips and short courses/workshops is available at https://event.fourwaves.com/halifax2022/registration from January 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022.
|Registration costs before taxes|
|Day pass – member||$200.00||NA|
|Day pass – non-member||$250.00||NA|
|Full member, early||$450.00||$175.00|
|Full member, late||$550.00||$225.00|
|Non-member student & retiree||$175.00||$125.00|
|Teacher registration only for CGEN workshop||$25.00||$25.00|
|Teacher 2-day workshop registration||$50.00||NA|
- Any presentation mode chosen during abstract submission can be switched by editing your abstract submission form until March 1st, 2022. This does not affect your abstract fee. This does not automatically switch your registration type if you have already registered, you will have to do that in a separate transaction.
- Registration can be cancelled before March 31, 2022 for a full refund.
- Registration can be switched from in-person to virtual attendance before March 31st, 2022 with the difference refunded.
- Registration can be changed from virtual to in-person before March 31st, 2022 but the difference in registration fees will need to be paid at that time.
- After March 31st, 2022 no refunds can be provided.
- If unforeseen circumstances arise, please contact us directly.
To renew your membership in any of the sponsoring societies to take advantage of the reduced membership registration rates, please visit the links on the Societies page. Have your membership email (for GAC) or number ready when you register!